Saksham 2017 – Sanrakshan Kshamta Mahotsav, a month long carnival for conservation of fuel has been inaugurated by Petroleum Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan. The one month campaign for conservation of fuel would be organized by the Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) and Oil & Gas Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG).
The mass awareness campaign would run from 16th January to 15th February 2017. The campaign would start simultaneously at all states/UT’s and would be organized by state level Coordinators of oil companies.
Saksham 2017 – Schedule
The program schedule has been divided between two fortnights as follows.
First fortnight (16th – 31st January, 2017)
In the first fortnight, various fuel conservation activities would be done which will involve people from all segments viz. school children, youth, housewives, drivers, mechanics, fleet operators, industries, farmers etc.
- Inaugural Event in all States/UT Capitals for giving away Awards to Children, Oil Industries and other major achievers of the last Oil & Gas Conservation Fortnight (OGCF).
- Bi-cycle day through out the country on 21st January 2017.
- Fuel efficient driving Contest for car owners to promote fuel efficient driving.
- People engaging activities like Cyclathon, Walkathon, Marathon, Car Rallies, Radio Events and Intersection / Road activities etc.
- Seminars and Workshops for all segments pertaining to Transport, Domestic, Agriculture & Industry for creating awareness and imparting training on conservation.
- Awareness Campaign through embossing conservation tips on Cash Memos at Retail Outlets/LPG distributorship, also through IVRS of OMCs, SMSs on oil conservation tips etc.
- Mass awareness through Kisan Call Centre in the form of Tips/Jingles on Petroleum Conservation.
- Commitment in the form of a pledge towards Petroleum conservation during all events and signature on pledge book kept at Retail outlets and LPG distributors.
- Publicity through Mobile Van, percolating to the remote areas in each state specifically the Rural/ Agricultural Sector.
- Free PUC (Pollution Under Control) check for vehicles at Retail outlets.
- Workshop at Retail outlets for Autos, Taxi Drivers/Mechanics, and Two Wheeler.
Second fortnight (1st – 15th February 2017)
Second fortnight of Saksham – 2017 shall be focused on intensifying the campaign for all sectors and all segments. Following key activities would be undertaken during the second fortnight:
- Walkathon – to bring awareness about indoor and outdoor pollution.
- Fuel Saving Concerts about conservation through performances by local talents.
- Mega Driver Training workshop– Kick start of the Mega Driver Training Workshop (including health check-up of drivers) at one of the major OMCs locations during this period and workshop at other major locations to follow during the year.
- Training program for LPG Delivery Boys, educating them about the usage of LPG, its safety and conservation tips, who in turn will disseminate the same to the customers while delivering the cylinders. The delivery boys shall get the benefit of a health check-up during such programs.
- Training program for customer attendant of Retail outlets – educating them about the conservation tips in the usage of Petrol & Diesel, including vehicle safety, who in turn will disseminate the same to the customers while dispensing the fuel to the customers. Attendants shall also get the benefit of a health check-up during such programs.
The सक्षम (संरक्षण क्षमता महोत्सव) – 2017 shall conclude with the valedictory function on 15th February ’ 2017 across all States/UT Capitals of India.
Detailed Info-Saksham-2017 link below.