Q.1- The Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga recently approved 20 projects worth nearly Rs 1900 crore. In this regard, consider the following statements.
- Out of 20 projects, 13 are in Uttarakhand.
- All the projects will be completely funded by the Union Government.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
Q.2- The Union Cabinet approved introduction of the Indian Institutes of Information Technology Public Private Partnership (IIIT PPP) Bill, 2017. The bill grants statutory status to how many IIITs in Public Private Partnership and declares them as Institutions of National Importance?
Q.3- The US Federal Reserve raised the benchmark interest rate by
a) 0.15 per cent
b) 0.25 per cent
c) 0.50 per cent
d) 0.75 per cent
Q.4- The Union Cabinet apprised of MoUs for cooperation in youth and sports matters with these two countries recently.
a) Indonesia & Kyrgyzstan
b) Tajikistan & Vietnam
c) Indonesia & Malaysia
d) Malaysia & Kyrgyzstan
Q.5- Which of the following is correct regarding the exports in India?
- Agricultural export is largest portion of Indian export
- Petroleum sector accounts for close to 20 percent of all the exports.
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
Q.6- Which of the following is power house of the cell?
Q.7- China-Pakistan Economic corridor starts from Xinjiang and ends at which of the following places?
Q.8- The National security advisers in the US aren’t subject to Senate confirmation but the appointment of Lieutenant General HR McMaster to the post required a senate vote because:
- He refused to retire from military service
- He chose to remain as an active military officer
- Generals need chamber’s approval when they’re promoted
- He doesn’t have prior experience in serving a political office
Which among the above statements is correct?
a) All of the above
b) None of the above
c) 1, I2 and II3
d) I, II and IV
9-The Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) on 15 March 2017.
- The main objective of the scheme is to enhance export competitiveness by bridging the gap in export infrastructure.
- The scheme would help in ensuring smoother movement in export cargo and better quality standards and certification.
- Under this scheme, all central and state agencies including Commodities Boards, SEZ authorities and Export Promotion Councils will be eligible for financial support.
- The funding would be in form of grant-in-aid and in normal cases it would not be more than the equity being funded by the implementing agency.
Which among the above sentences is correct with respect to the scheme’s objectives?
a) All of the above
b) Only 1 and 2
c) 1, 2 and 3
d) 1, 2 and 4
Q.10- What was the theme of the 2017 Commonwealth Day?
a) A peace-building Commonwealth
b) Team Commonwealth
c) An Inclusive Commonwealth
d) A Young Commonwealth