1. INDIAN Army is celebrating 69th Army day today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar have greeted to all soldiers, veterans and their families on Army Day.
2. Mr Modi said, people of the country salute the courage and invaluable service of the Indian Army.
3. The Prime Minister said, Army put their lives at risk so that the countrymen live peacefully. Our correspondent reports, an impressive Army Parade was also organised at the Delhi Cantt to celebrate the occasion.
4. The day marks the taking over of the Indian Army by the first Indian Commander-in-Chief, Field Marshal K M Cariappa, on 15th January 1949.
5. Army day is celebrated to pay homage and salute to the courageous and brave Indian soldiers who have been sacrificing their lives for protecting the country. This day inspires the troops to continue to enrich the glorious traditions of the Indian Army with their dedication and sacrifice.
6. Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat, Air Force Chief BS Dhanoa and Chief of Indian Navy Sunil Lanba today paid tributes at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate. The Chiefs also laid wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti remembering the soldiers.