Ahead of International Yoga Day, government launches new Yoga app in India
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has launched an app for your smartphone called ‘Celebrating Yoga’.
The app was on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2017, the app is aimed towards popularizing yoga and healthy living.
About the app:
- The aim of the app is to popularize yoga and encourage people to practice yoga for a scientifically healthy living
- In 2015, the Department of Science and Technology (DST) had also launched a research programme Science and Technology of Yoga and Meditation (SATYAM)
- Both the app and initiatives have been launched under the Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI)
- Celebrating Yoga app provides a platform to share information and create awareness into the participation of yoga events on the occasion of the International Yoga Day 2017
- The mobile app will help in capturing mass yoga events being organised in public places, schools and office complexes across the country
- The app will be connected with Google Map where shared information can be viewed by the app users
- The information gathered by the mobile app will be shared with the Ministry of AYUSH to complement their efforts
International Day of Yoga: commonly referred to as Yoga Day, is celebrated annually on 21 June since its inception in 2015. An international day for yoga was declared unanimously by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 11 December 2014. Yoga is a physical, mental, and/or spiritual practice attributed mostly to India. The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his UN address suggested the date of 21 June, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares special significance in many parts of the world.
Link to Download:- Click Here