APEDA’s new progressive step: Hortinet
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has launched a new mobile app Hortinet to apply for farm registration and approval by State Govt. & Lab Sampling.
Hortinet is an integrated traceability system developed by APEDA for providing Internet based electronic services to the stakeholders for facilitating farm registration, testing and certification of Grape, Pomegranate and Vegetables for export from India to the European Union in compliance with standards.
To harness the potential of mobile technology, APEDA has developed a mobile app to allow farmers to apply on-line to facilitate their farm registration, tracking the status of application & approvals by State Government and Lab sampling by authorized Laboratories.
This mobile app initiative is expected to increase the accessibility and reach of the Traceability software system among the farmers and other stakeholders.
This new Mobile app will also assist State Horticulture/ Agriculture Department to capture real time details of farmers, farm location, products and details of inspections like date of inspection, name of inspecting directly from field. After registration and approval of farm, farmer gets approval information.
The key features of the app:
- Online Farm registration application and status tracking
- Processing and approval on on-line farmer applications by State Horticulture /Agriculture department.
- Registration of farmers, farms and products by State Horticulture/Agriculture department
- Capture geo location of the farms registered through the app
- Sample collection by APEDA authorized Laboratories along with geo location of the sample.
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in December, 1985.