Baswan committee report to be considered by Govt.
The government has finally taken up the report of Baswan committee for examination. The report was submitted about prospective changes in civil service exam pattern and age limit for the examination.
When was the report submitted?
- The committee had submitted its report to Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on August 9, 2016 and the same has been taken up by the government for examination nearly eight months after submission.
- In response to an RTI query filed by a PTI correspondent, the Department of Personnel and Training said, “The Baswan Committee’s report along with UPSC’s recommendations on it has been received on March 20, 2017 and the same is under examination.
- The UPSC had constituted the expert committee under the chairmanship of former human resource development secretary and retired IAS officer B S Baswan, to review the scheme of civil service examination in August 2015.
- The committee is understood to have recommended a reduction in upper age limit of 32 years to appear in the civil service exam, official sources said.
- Candidates with 50% or more can only apply for exams
- Reduction of age limit
- Restriction in number of attempts
- Revise the exam pattern every 5 year
- Personal narrative before interview