BHIM App – Download & How to Use the UPI Payment App
BHIM App or Bharat Interface for Money is a new UPI based payment application for android smartphones launched by Indian government on 30th December 2016. The UPI based payment app is available to download from Google Play Store at https://play.google.com. BHIM app has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India to enable fast and secure cashless transactions.
BHIM App Download
BHIM app can be downloaded by visiting the Google Play Store at play.google.com and or open Play Store app in your android smartphone and search for BHIM, or you can simply click the link below.
How to Use BHIM App:
At present, BHIM App only supports UPI based payments or only the banks which supports UPI are available in the app for transactions. To use the app, users will just be required to setup a 4 digit PIN by verifying their phone number which is registered with their bank. Below is the list of UPI supported banks.
- Money can also be sent to Non UPI enabled banks using the IFSC code or MMID.
- Initially, users will be able to send and receive money using the Unified Payment Interface but later Aadhar based payment system would also bee added to the app.
- Once the Aadhar based system is added, people even would not require a phone for doing cashless payments. The Aadhar based system is currently being tested and is expected to be added to BHIM app within next few weeks.
- After Aadhar based system is added, would not require an internet connection, it will just need your thumb impression. Your thumb will act as bank and password for cashless transactions. The app will also work on feature phones through an upgraded USSD platform.
- People would be able to send and receive payments using any of the three modes UPI (Unified Payment Interface), AEPS (Aadhar Enabled Payment System) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) using the single BHIM app.
Highlights of BHIM App
- You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.
- You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
- You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.
- You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
- Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
- At present Hindi and English languages are supported by BHIM App, more languages will be added soon.
For more information about UPI app, visit https://upi.npci.org.in/static/faq/en_US/