Current Affairs MCQ's -7th January
⏳ Current Affairs MCQ – 07 January, 2017
1. Name the country with which India in first week of January 2017 signed protocol to amend Double Taxation Avoidance Convention.
a) Kazakhstan ✅
2. Who in the recent past observed that certain linkage between food & drugs in treating diseases?
a) Norman Borlaug
b) CNR Rao
c) Raghunath Anant Mashelkar
d) MS Swaminathan ✅
3. Name the country that in recent past launched its second Tongxin Jishu Shiyan satellite.
b) China ✅
d) None of the above
4. The 14th edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was inaugurated in
b) Bengaluru ✅
c) New Delhi
5. This city hosted the International Conference on Yoga for Diabetes.
b) New Delhi ✅
6. The helpline number 14444 launched by the Government to promote
a) Online education
b) Handloom sector
c) Digital Payments ✅
d) Renewable energy
7. Which organisation released the statistical estimates on Migrants Workers Report?
a) International Labour Organisation ✅
b) World Bank Group
c) World Economic Forum
d) International Monetary Fund
8. As per a directive of the Union Government, NRIs can deposit old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 banknotes till
a) 30 June 2017 ✅
b) 31 July 2017
c) 31 August 2017
d) 30 September 2017
9. Asia’s biggest book fair was inaugurated in
c) New Delhi ✅
10. As per the advance estimates released by the CSO, the GDP in 2016-17 is set to grow at
a) 7.1% ✅
11. The RBI agreed to provide Rs 100 crore in Rs 100 notes to this country.
a) Nepal ✅
d) Sri Lanka
12. Hindustan Zinc Ltd recently got environmental clearance for Zawar Mines expansion project. The mines is located in
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Rajasthan ✅
d) Uttar Pradesh
13. Union Government approved 26% strategic stake sale in this public sector undertaking.
a) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
b) Bharat Earth Movers Limited ✅
c) Container Corporation of India
d) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited