Can’t advance Rafale deliveries: Dassault
- India had requested to advance the delivery schedule of Rafale fighter jets.
- In response to this demand by India, Dassault Aviation, the manufacturer of these jets have stated that it was not possible as the jets have to be customised.
- India ordered 36 jets last year from France and deliveries are scheduled between 2019 and 2022.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had earlier said that they would request France to speed up deliveries further if possible.
- Under the terms of the contract, Dassault will begin training Indian pilots and technicians in operating the jets next year.
- Dassault will also bid for the Navy’s tender for at least 57 carrier based aircraft