Chinese troops transgress Sikkim sector in Doka La area
- Indian and Chinese soldiers have once again engaged in a major stand-off, this time in Sikkim sector, where troops from the neighbouring side (China) entered and jostled with Indian Army personnel guarding the Sino-India frontier. Two bunkers of the Indian Army were also destroyed in Lalten area of Doka La.
- The face-off has been going on in Doka La general area in Sikkim for the past ten days and the Chinese troops have also stopped a batch of pilgrims proceeding on Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- Indian army formed a human wall along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) to stop the PLA personnel.
The Chinese forces had in November 2008 destroyed some makeshift Indian army bunkers at the same place.
India and China relation
- It is getting worsen due to these incidents.
- It recent blocked India’s bid to enter the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) at its plenary meet in Bern.