Current Affairs MCQ's -3rd January
⏳ Current Affairs MCQ – 03 January, 2017
1. Andhra Pradesh Government launched the NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme 0074 to provide the medical treatment for the Above Poverty Line families on payment of monthly premium of how much amount per head?
a) Rs. 50
b) Rs. 25
c) Rs. 98
d) Rs. 100 ✅
2.Who was appointed as the Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission?
a) Alka Sirohi
b) Deepak Kumar
c) David R Syiemlieh ✅
d) None of the above
3. The Supreme Court recently sacked Anurag Thakur and Ajay Shirke from their posts in BCCI. They served as
a) Secretary and President of BCCI respectively
b) President and Secretary of BCCI respectively ✅
c) President and Joint Secretary of BCCI respectively
d) Vice President and Secretary of BCCI respectively
4. Who was appointed as the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) of the Indian Army recently?
a) Bipin Rawat ✅
b) Vikram Singh Rathore
c) Velu Nair
d) Birender Singh
5. Who were chosen for the 2016 Navlekhan Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith?
a) Yogita Yadav and Arunabh Saurav
b) Om Naagar and Tasneem Khan
c) Shraddha and Ghyansham Kumar Devansh ✅
d) Amlendu Tiwari and Balram Kawant
6. Which Indian-origin British professor was honoured with the Queen Elizabeth II Knighthood II in New Year’s Honours?
a) Nandini Koel
b) Kamaldeep Begol
c) Richard Varma
d) Shankar Balasubramanian ✅
7. Who will head the Committee that was constituted for Improvement in National Sports Development Code and Functioning of National Sports Federations?
a) Secretary (Sports) ✅
b) Secretary (Home)
c) Anurag Thakur
d) Vijay Goel
8. The 14th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas Convention will open on 7 January 2017 in ________.
a) Bengaluru ✅
9. Trash skimmers have been deployed in some Indian cities to clear the surface of which river?
b) Ganga ✅
10. The Supreme Court ruled that no politician can seek vote in the name of caste, creed or religion. Consider the following statements in context of the verdict.
I. The verdict was delivered by the five-bench Constitution bench of the court.
II. The bench was headed by Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar.
III. It held that election is a secular exercise and its way and process should be followed.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III ✅
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III