Current Affairs MCQ's -4th January
⏳ Current Affairs MCQ – 04 January, 2017
1. Who won the 2016 Mubadala World Tennis Championship?
a) Novak Djokovic
b) Nicolas Almagro
c) Rafael Nadal ✅
d) David Goffin
2. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated 104th Indian Science Congress in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. What is the theme for the event?
a) Dawn of science in modern India
b) Unity of life
c) The Classical Determinism and the Quantum Theory
d) Science and Technology for National Development ✅
3. Renowned English art critic John Berger recently passed away. He had won the 1972 Booker Prize for which of the following novels?
a) From A to X
b) Ways of Seeing
c) G ✅
d) A Painter of Our Time
4. Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar was sworn in as the 44th Chief Justice of India. He succeeds
a) Justice H. J. Kania
b) Justice T. S. Thakur ✅
c) Justice H. L. Dattu
d) Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha
5. Who was appointed as Executive Director of RBI in place of US Paliwal?
a) Kabeer Bedi
b) Sushila Khurana
c) Surekha Marandi ✅
d) Kunal Singh
6. Name the social reformer who was honoured by Google Doodle recently on her 186th birth anniversary.
a) Aruna Roy
b) Medha Patkar
c) Manasi Pradhan
d) Savitribai Phule ✅
7. Name the Karnataka Minister who passed away recently while he was in Chikkamagaluru to attend the silver jubilee celebrations of the Transport Cooperative Society at Koppa?
a) Ananth Padmanabhan
b) Tabish Khair
c) Mahadev Prasad ✅
d) Injeti Srinivas
8. Who has been appointed as the new leader of People’s Party of Arunachal?
a) Takam Pario ✅
b) Kamen Ringu
c) Pema Khandu
d) Kahfa Bengia
9. With which country India reached an agreement on fisherman issue recently.
b) Sri Lanka ✅
10. Which multilateral organisation lifted 3-year ban on import of vegetables from India?
a) European Union ✅
b) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
c) Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
d) North American Free Trade Agreement
11. Consider the following statements regarding Maternity Benefit Programme.
I. Rs 6000 provided as cash incentive to pregnant and lactating women to meet nutrition needs
II. It is being implemented in Andhra Pradesh and Punjab only
a) Only I ✅
b) Only II
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) None of them