Education to go digital with ‘Swayam (Ministry Of Human Resource and Development)
President of India recently launched the SWAYAM, the portal that takes high quality education to the doorstep of everyone and the SWAYAM Prabha – the 32 DTH channels(Channels name) operationalised for telecasting high quality educational content free of charge using the GSAT-15 satellite transponders.
- With the launch of SWAYAM, India has become one of the few countries in the World which has its own online interactive learning platform that provides video lectures, reading material and assignments/quizzes that could end up in securing credits after completing the assessment system.
- More than 400 Courses are available on SWAYAM covering all the engineering and non-engineering subjects at undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- The UGC has already issued Regulation that allows transfer of credits earned through the courses done through SWAYAM into the academic record of the students.
- It is now possible for the students and others to take courses of the prestigious IITs or IIMs without formally studying there.
- The platform has been constructed by Microsoft with totally indigenous efforts.
Swayam and Swayam Prabha to take education to the remotest corners of the country. President of Indian also launched a ‘National Academic Depository’ where verified educational records will be digitally stored by universities and boards to counter forgery.
- The SWAYAM PRABHA is conceived as a group of 32 DTH channels devoted to telecasting of high-quality educational programmes on 24X7 basis using the GSAT-15 satellite.
- Higher Education: Curriculum-based course contents at post-graduate and under-graduate level covering diverse etc.
App Download link:- CLICK HERE
To become member of swayam :- CLICK HERE