Former IMF Economist “Taimur Baig” joins DBS
Former Deutsche Bank Asia Economist and IMF Economist Taimur Baig will join DBS Bank as Chief Economist and Managing Director for Group Research.
About Career of Taimur Baig:
- Baig has close to 20 years’ experience covering the Asia region.
- His work experience in Singapore and Washington, DC spans central and commercial banks, as well as the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Baig’s areas of specialty include international finance, macro risk spill-over, exchange rate and fixed income analytics and forecasting, the economics of financial crisis, and demographics.
- Before Deutsche Bank, Baig was at the IMF for eight years from 1999, where his last position was Senior Economist.
- He has published extensively for both specialists and a general audience, on areas including deflation, monetary policy, exchange rate, demographics, energy sector, frontier markets, fiscal policy efficacy and financial market contagion