Source: News on Air
- The Pinaka Rocket converted to a Guided Pinaka was successfully test-fired from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha, yesterday.
2. The Pinaka Rocket Mark-II, which evolved from Pinaka Mark-I is equipped with a navigation, guidance and control kit and has been transformed to a Guided Pinaka.
3. According to an official release, this conversion has considerably enhanced the range and accuracy of Pinaka. The test-firing has met all mission objectives.
4. The radars, electro-optical and telemetry systems at Chandipur tracked and monitored the vehicle all through the flight-path.
5. The Guided Pinaka is developed jointly by the ARDE Pune, RCI Hyderabad and DRDL Hyderabad.
6. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has congratulated the DRDO, industry and the Armed Forces for the successful flight-test.