India inks 7 crucial agreement with Spain.
- This was Modi’s second stop in his tour of 4 countries.
- Narendra Modi is the first PM to visit Spain in last 30 years , before this Rajiv Gandhi went to Spain in 1998.
- Spain is India’s 7th largest trading partner in the European Union.
- A mission of promoting vision of “New India”.
Person of Interest
Mariano Rajoy and Narendra Modi.
7 formal agreements with Spain are as follows.
- Agreement for transfer of sentenced persons.
- MOU on cooperation in Organ Transplantation.
- MOU on Cooperation in Cyber security.
- MOU on Technical Cooperation in Civil Aviation.
- Agreement on visa waiver for holders of diplomatic passports.
- MOU between Foreign Service Institute and Diplomatic Academy of Spain.
- MOU on Cooperation in Renewable Energy.
Spain will co-operate in railways expansion and upgradation, smart cities, infrastructure, etc are areas of India’s priorities and requirements where it has enough skills and mastery in such fields.