The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India, in collaboration with United Nations University and UNESCO, is organizing a three-day International Conference 10th ICEGOV 2017 in Delhi in March.
Theme: Building Knowledge Societies: From Digital Government to Digital Empowerment.
- The key objective of ICEGOV2017 is to explore how Digital Government can lead to Digital Empowerment by local knowledge.
- ICEGOV 2017 is the 10th edition of ICEGOV, which will focus on the use of technology to transform relationships between government and citizens, businesses, civil society.
- It will try to inculcate an outlook to create new forms, paradigms, foundations for technology-enabled governance, collaboration, development.
- The 10th ICEGOV will bring together academia, governments, international organizations, civil society, and the private sector to share the insights and experiences in theory and practice of Digital Government.
- 560 papers from around 60 countries will be presented, which is highest number of paper submission in the history of ICEGOV.
- International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance (ICEGOV) is an international conference series, established by the United Nations University in 2007, with the aim of bringing together practitioners, developers and researchers from government, academia, industry, non-governmental organizations and UN organizations to share the latest in theory and practice of Electronic Governance.
- The ICEGOV series focuses on the use of technology to transform relationships between government and citizens, businesses, civil society and other arms of government (Electronic Governance). The Series looks beyond the traditional focus on technology-enabled transformation in government (Electronic Government), towards establishing foundations for good governance and for sustainable national development.