India’s Rank In Valuable Nation Brand List
India Slips to 8th Rank in Valuable Nation Brand List
According to the Nation Brands 2017 report of Brand Finance, India is ranked 8th on the latest list of most valuable nation brands, slipping one spot this year and ceding its previous spot to Canada while United States retains its top position.
While India’s ranking reflects on the current economic slowdown in the country, Canada saw a growth of 14 per cent in its brand value.
About India’s Position →
- India, however, did not make it to the list of 10 best performing nation brands.
- In 2016, India’s rank of Brand Value was 6, while, this year, India has ranked 7.
- India went down one spot over the previous year because the economy grew at its slowest pace. India switched places with Canada and its brand value dropped by one percentage point while that of Canada’s rose 14 per cent.
- In 2016, the Brand Value of India was USD 2,066 billion, while in 2017, the National Brand Value is USD 2,046 billion.
- However, the brand rating of India has improved. It has raised from “AA-” to “AA”.
- In 2017, India has failed to make it into the top ten ‘best performing’ or ‘strongest’ brands. Moreover, India has been looked weaker in attributes related to business, whereas, in stronger in attributes related to culture.
- In India, there is a big requirement of rapid economic growth, a do-or-die spirit of enterprise, accelerated employment, exponential increase in infrastructure.
China, the fastest growing nation brand in 2017, saw valuation grow 44 per cent. China’s nation brand value is half of that of the United States.
The United States, with its macroeconomic challenges and slow Gross Domestic Product, has recorded a meager growth of 2 per cent.
America is followed by China, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom. Countries like Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden, and Austria saw either a decline or a negligible growth of value.
Iceland made it to the top of the 10 best performing nation brand’s list due to a hit TV show. The report said that Game of Thrones, which films most of its winter scenes in Iceland, is the reason for the country seeing a record 1.8 million foreign visitors in 2016. This is an increase of about 40 per cent from 2015.
About Brand Finance
Brand Finance is the world’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy. Brand Finance was set up in 1996 with the aim of ‘bridging the gap between marketing and finance’.
Brand Finance puts thousands of the world’s biggest brands to the test every year, evaluating which are the most powerful and most valuable, including nation brands.