- As clean energy becomes cheap and its supply smooth, coal-based power plants may face dim future.
Campaigns against coal
- All around, tree huggers have propelled a war against coal. A few assets and budgetary organizations (quite the venture reserve of the Norwegian government) have chosen not to put their cash in coal-related activities, and to step by step haul out the speculations effectively made.
- The Guardian daily paper is running a ‘keep-it-in-the-ground’ battle, requiring a stop to creation of coal. In Germany, green gatherings are onto a comparative battle, ‘Ende Gelande’ (“up to this point and no further”).
- These developments have been reinforced by sustainable power source getting to be noticeably modest and handleable.
- The impact of these is getting to be plainly apparent. As indicated by a current report of the International Energy Agency, sustainable power source took into account the greater part of the incremental interest for power in 2016.
source:- THE HINDU