Javadekar unveils ‘swasth bachche, swasth bharat’ programme
‘Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat’ Programme, an initiative of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to prepare a physical Health and Fitness Profile Card for more than 12 lakhs of Kendriya Vidyalaya students was launched in Kochi.
- Strengthening the education sector of the country through the empowerment of general education
- Ensuring quality education for all is also the aim of Government.
‘Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat’
Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat programme will provide a comprehensive and inclusive report card for children covering all age groups and children of different abilities. Making students, teachers and parents aware about the importance of good health and fitness and encouraging 60 minutes of play each day is an objective of the programme, said a statement from the HRD Ministry.
Objectives of the programmes
- Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat programme also intends to imbibe values of Olympics and Paralympics amongst students.
- Bring back the childhood amongst children and make physical activity and recreational games an integral part of learning process , Motivating potentially outstanding performers in various games and sports of excellence, using technology for data capture and analytics, and giving access to schools, parents and teachers are also the.
The Kendriya Vidyalayas have a four – fold mission, viz.,
- To cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government including Defence and Para-military personnel by providing a common programme of education.
- To pursue excellence and set the pace in the field of school education.
- To initiate and promote experimentation and innovations in education in collaboration with other bodies like Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) etc.
- To develop the spirit of national integration and create a sense of “Indianness” among children.
To initiate and promote experimentation and innovativeness in education in collaboration with other bodies like the Central Board of Secondary Education and National Council of Educational Research and Training etc.
To develop the spirit of national integration and create a sense of “Indianness” among children. Memorandum Of Association (Hindi version)
To Provide, establish, endow, maintain, control & manage schools, hereinafter called the ‘Kendriya Vidyalaya’ for the children of transaferable employees of the Government of India, floating populations & others including those living in remote & undeveloped locations of the country & to do all acts & things necessary for the conducive to the promotions of such schools.