Source: Business standard
- Senior judge of the Supreme Court Justice Mian Saqib Nisar has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of Pakistan.
- A notification issued by the Law Ministry on Wednesday said that Justice Nisar will take charge as chief justice of the apex court on December 31, reports the Express Tribune.
- According to sources, the notification has been issued after approval from President Mamnoon Hussain.
- Justice Nisar will replace Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali, who is set to retire on December 30.
- In April this year, the senior SC judge took oath as the acting Chief Justice of Pakistan in Islamabad, on the account of CJP Anwar Zaheer Jamali’s seven-day official visit to Turkey.
- Justice Nisar who joined the legal profession as an advocate in 1980 was enrolled as advocate of the High Court in 1982 and as advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan in 1994. He was elevated as the judge of the High Court in 1998 and of the SC in 2010