NABARD projects Rs 1, 28,199.38 crore credit potential for Kerala
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has projected a credit potential of Rs 1, 28,199.38 crore towards priority sector lending by banks in Kerala for the year 2017-18.
- The credit potential for the year 2017-18 is an increase of 7.38 per cent over the previous year.
- The State Focus Paper 2017-18 indicates an exploitable credit potential of Rs 1, 28,199.38 crore towards priority sector lending by banks in the state.
- Agriculture accounts for 45 per cent of the total credit potential, with the share of MSME and OPS being 31 per cent and 24 per cent of the total.
- The paper projects crop loan to the tune of Rs 40443.74 crore and term loan for agriculture sector is estimated to be 11217.72 crore during the period.
- In agriculture sector and the subsequent policy announcement by the Centre, the Paper has adopted the theme ‘Doubling of Farmers’ Income by 2022.