Nepal Investment Summit opens with aim to project Nepal as an attractive investment destination. Two day Nepal Investment Summit 2017 has begun at Kathmandu. Inaugurating the summit Prime Minister of Nepal Pushpa Kamal Dahal said that his government is focusing on creating conducive investment opportunities in the country.
- President of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Mr Jin Liqun has addressed the summit.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitely will deliver key note address at the summit in the evening.
- Around 250 delegates from more than 20 countries including India are participating in two day summit.
- The aim of the summit is to project Nepal as an attractive investment destination and to explore possibilities of foreign investment in various sectors including hydropower, infrastructure and tourism.
- This is the first investment summit in Kathmandu since the promulgation of the Constitution in 2015. Nepal government is expecting Rs.100 billion investment commitment during the summit.
Addressing Nepal Investment Summit at Kathmandu a short while ago, he said that Nepal has great potential for development and Indian businessmen will be very happy to invest in Nepal.
He also said that India is committed for socio economic development of Nepal.
He also met President Bidya Devi Bhandari and Prime Minister of Nepal, Puspa Kamal Dahal.
Earlier, Jaitley was received at the Kathmandu airport by Nepalese Ambassador to India Deep Kumar Upadhyay, Deputy Chief of Indian Embassy Vinay Kumar and Finance Secretary of Nepal Shanta Raj Subedi.