One Liner’s Current – Week 01 (Feb)
🗓 Weekly One Liner Current 01 –07 February 2017
▶️ National News Updates– India
- Who has launched two-wheeler aggregation service UberMOTO in Hyderabad. Uber.
🔺 UberMOTO can hire two-wheelers for short-distance commute at cheaper rates to provide the last-mile connectivity from and to the upcoming Metro railway stations.
🔺 Fares at Rs. 25 for (first 3 km) and Rs. 5 per km thereafter.
🔺 The service will be available from 8 am to 10 pm in parts of Kondapur, Hitech City, Madhapur and Gachibowli.
- The 19th edition Bharat Rang Mahotsav has begun with the special focus on the different genres of Indian theater. New Delhi.
🔺 Bharat Rang Mahotsav (BRM) established in 1999.
🔺 It is the annual theater festival of India’s premier theater training institute of Govt. of India National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi.
- Who is planning to remeasure the height the world’s tallest peak Mount EverestThe Survey of India.
🔺 The Survey of India would be sending an expedition to Nepal in two months to conduct the exercise.
🔺 The Mount Everest currently stands at a height of 8,848 metres (29,028 feet) above the sea level.
🔺 The Survey of India is India’s central engineering agency in charge of mapping and surveying set up in 1767 to help consolidate the territories of the British East India Company.
- Who has inaugurated the 9th edition of Bengaluru International Film Festival in Bengaluru (Karnataka) Siddaramaiah
🔺 Form 55 countries,200 films will be screened in Bengaluru and Mysuru during this film festival.
- Who will start three non-stop flights a week from New Delhi to Dulles International Airport in the suburb of Washington DC (USA) this summerAir India (AI).
🔺 The move will bring 30,000 people from India to America every year for economic, commercial and family purposes.
🔺 The direct flights will attract students from India to come and study at universities in Virginia and other parts of the United States.
- The “Measles-Rubella (MR) vaccination campaign” has been launched in the state Karnataka.
🔺 The campaign against these two diseases will start from Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Goa and Lakshadweep and will cover nearly 3.6 crore children.
🔺 All children aged between 9 months and less than 15 years will be given a single shot of MR- vaccination.
🔺 The MR vaccine will be provided free- of- cost across the states.
- The Union Human Resource Development Ministry will set up a department to conduct examinations for higher and secondary education National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The Union Minister for Sports Vijay Goel laid the foundation stone of the country’s first centre of excellence for differently abled sportsmen at Gandhinagar(Gujarat).
🔺 The center is proposed with an estimate of 50 crores rupees and will provide World class facilities such as indoor halls, dedicated tracks, and 100 bedded hostel.
🔺 Para-athletes will also be trained for various international competitions including Paralympics.
▶️ International News Updates – World
- Who has launched an appeal for 3 billion US Dollar to help 48 million children caught up in crises worldwide amid fears of a funding cut from top donor the United States UNICEF.
🔺 This year’s appeal represents a 18% increase from the initial request for funding in 2016.
🔺 The United States is the top donor to UNICEF, followed by Germany, Britain and the European.
- The Two-day programming committee meeting of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) was held at Kathmandu (Nepal).
🔺 Indian delegation leads by Joint Secretary (SAARC) Shri Prashant Agarwal.
🔺 Issues including budget of SAARC secretariat and its 5 regional centers and regular activities of the association will be discussed.
- The country who host the 4th BIMSTEC Summit-2017 Nepal.
🔺 Delegates of member countries will review the progress made by BIMSTEC and recommend future course of action to strengthen regional cooperation among the group.
🔺 The BIMSTEC was founded in 1997 and is an international organization involving a group of countries in South Asia and South East Asia.
- The world’s first country to completely divest from fossil fuels. Ireland.
- The country who has successfully test a new version of missile Dongfeng-5C missile China.
🔺 The missile can carry up to 10 nuclear warheads from the Taiyuan Space Launch Centre in Shanxi province.
▶️ States News Updates
- The Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal has inaugurated the 31st Surajkund International Crafts Mela at Faridabad (Haryana).
🔺 The Mela is located near the Surajkund village between the villages of Baharpur and Lakkarpur in Faridabad district of Haryana.
🔺 Around 400 artistes will showcase the art, culture, heritage, handicrafts and cuisine of the state.
🔺 21 countries are participating in the fair, Egypt is the partner nation and Jharkhand is the theme state.
- The state government has recently launched India’s first social innovation centre “Kakatiya Hub for Social Innovation” in Nizamabad. Telangana.
🔺 The purpose of the hub is to create a model for promoting entrepreneurs in rural and semi-urban areas in the country.
- The state government has introduced third gender category in school exams Bihar.
🔺 Now, under the third-gender category the Board exams will be conducted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
- The state government has launched “Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana” Assam.
🔺 The purpose of the mission is to bring revolutionary changes by doubling the farm income in the State.
▶️ Banking & Financial Updates
- People has won 97-crore rupee prizes under Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi dhan Vyapar Yojana till 30th January 2017Over 6.26 lakh.
🔺 These two schemes are part of NITI Aayog’s digital payment promotion schemes and covered cities from 21 States and 4 Union Territories.
🔺 Over 100 Digi-Dhan Melas are planned across the country to inculcate digital payment among the people.
🔺 Lucky Grahak Yojana (Daily scheme): 5.55 lakh consumers have won the prize.
🔺 Lucky Grahak Yojana (Weekly scheme): over 26 thousand consumers.
🔺 Digi dhan Vyapar Yojana (weekly scheme): over 35 thousand merchants.
- Budget 2017-18 contains 3 major reforms.
🔺 First, presentation of Budget advanced to 1st February to enable the Ministries to operationalize all activities from the commencement of the financial year.
🔺 Second, merger of Railways Budget with General Budget to bring Railways to the centre stage of Government’s Fiscal Policy.
🔺 Third, removal of plan and nonplan classification of expenditure to facilitate a holistic view of allocations for sectors and ministries.
The revised tax slabs and rates: Tax -Slabs
New Tax Rate
|Up to Rs. 3 lakhs||
|Between Rs. 3 and 5 Lakhs||
|Between Rs. 5 and 10 lakhs||
|Above Rs. 10 lakhs||
|Income above Rs. 50 Lacs||
30% + 10% Surcharge
|Income above Rs 1 crore||
30% +15% Surcharge
🔺 The Individuals tax rates Slashed on income from 2.5 lakh to 5 lakhs reduced to 5 % instead of 10%
🔺 0% tax liability on income up to 3 lacs
🔺 10% Surcharge on individuals with income between 50 lakh to1 Crore
🔺 15% surcharge on individuals with income of 1 cr and more
- In the year 2017-18 budget agriculture is expected to grow at 4.1%.
- How many crore Rs. will be given as credit to the farmers with the 60-day interest waiver Rs. 10 lakh crore.
- The chairman of the proposed the Payments Regulatory Board (PRB) Governor of RBI.
🔺 The chairman of the board will be the Governor of RBI, along with a deputy governor in charge of payments and settlements as member.
- Women and child welfare allocation has been increased by Rs 184362 crore.
- Senior Citizens, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) will provide guaranteed how many return on their premium8%.
- How many houses will be completed by 2019 for houseless and those who living in kaccha houses1,00,00,000.
- Highest allocation in MGNREGA, up from 38,500 crore rupees to 48,000 crore rupees.
- Participation of women in MNREGA has increased to 55%.
- 100% village electrification will be achieved by May 1st May,2018.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra to be extended to 600 districts.
- Coverage of eNAM to be expanded from 250 to 585 APMCs.
- High speed broadband connectivity on optic fibres will be available in more than gram panchayats 1,50,000.
- How many Crore announced for coastal road connectivity; essentially to enhance connectivity to ports & coastal villages Rs 2000 Cr.
- The budget target under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) has been doubled to Rs. 2.44 lakh crores.
- Fiscal deficit for 2017-18 pegged at 3.2 % of GDP.
- A common application form for registration, opening of bank and demat accounts, and issue of PAN will be introduced for Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs).
- How many districts of Haryana have become kerosene free. Eight.
- The Government will launch how many new Schemes to promote the usage of BHIM App Two.
🔺 Two schemes are Referral Bonus Scheme for individuals and a Cashback Scheme for merchants.
🔺 125 lakh people have adopted the BHIM app so far.
- A merchant version of Aadhar Enabled Payment System will be launched shortly.Aadhar Pay.
- Govt. has approved the extension of tenure of loans under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana from 15 to 20 years.
- Who has reached an agreement with the Karnataka government to set up a manufacturing plant in Bengaluru. Apple.
🔺 Apple is reportedly expected to start production for the Indian market by June.
🔺 India will be only the third country globally to assemble iPhones.
🔺 Apple is an American multinational technology company, founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne in April 1976 to develop and sell personal computers.
- The fund allocated for the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) for fiscal year 2017-18 Rs. 333 crore.
🔺 The NSCS works as an advisory group, consists of various experts on security-related matters and is headed by deputy NSA Arvind Gupta.
- A new scheme will be launched by the Union Government to fund export infrastructure to create infrastructure for exports. Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES).
🔺 The scheme will help create modern infrastructure like last mile connectivity to ports, testing labs and certification centres.
- The Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund will be set up by the organization NABARD.
🔺 The Dairy Infrastructure Development Fund will boost financing of milk processing capacities.
- India’s GDP growth rate in FY 18, as per the latest report by the HSBC7.1%.
🔺 India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth is expected to be 7.1% in the FY 18
🔺 The country may sufficiently remonetized and consumption moves back to pre-demonetization levels.
▶️ Sports News Updates
- Who has won the 18th Asian Junior Team Squash Championship-2017 India.
🔺 Indian team has won gold medal in the boys’ team event at the 18th Asian Junior Team Squash Championship-2017 by defeating Malaysia by 2-0 in the final in Hong Kong.
- Olympic and Paralympic medals for the Tokyo 2020 Games will be made from recycled mobile phones.
🔺 The Japanese public will be asked to donate old phones and small appliances to gather two tonnes of gold, silver, and bronze for the 5,000 medals.
🔺 Earlier, Olympic host cities have traditionally obtained the metal from mining firms.
- Indian shuttler has become the World No. 1 Junior Badminton player in the latest rankings of the Badminton World Federation (BWF)Lakshya Sen.
🔺 He moved Chia-Hao Lee of Chinese Taipei to attain the top spot.
🔺 He is the first shuttler from Uttarakhand to attain the number one spot at the international level.
- The former Football player of England and Chelsea has announced to retire Frank Lampard.
🔺 He scored 211 times for Chelsea and won every major club honour, netting the goals which in 2005 secured the club’s first championship title in 50 years.
- Who has won the Indian National Snooker Championship. Pankaj Advani.
🔺 He has become the only Indian men’s cueist to be the holder of all national billiards and snooker titles at the same time – Billiards, 6-red Snooker and 15-red Snooker.
- Who has won the gold medal in the boy’s team event at the Asian Junior Squash championship in Hong Kong. India.
🔺 Indian boys had won the title for the second time.
🔺 Earlier, in 2011 they defeated arch-rivals Pakistan in Colombo.
- Who has completed an emphatic 4-1 victory over New Zealand in the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group I tie, in Pune. India.
🔺 India now play second round tie at home in April against Uzbekistan.
- Who has won the Women’s Singles title of the 81st Senior National Badminton Championships tournament played at Patliputra Sports Complex Patna. Rituparna Das.
🔺 She defeated Reshma Karthik of Air India in straight sets 21-12, 21-14.
- Who will miss this summer’s World Athletics Championships after governing body IAAF voted to extend their suspension from international competition in Monaco. Russia.
- Who has resigned as test captain after a record 59 matches in the role Alastair Cook.
🔺 Cook is England’s leading scorer in Tests with 11,057 runs.
🔺 Cook was named Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 2012 and ICC World Test Captain in 2013.
- The country will host 2017 FIBA women’s Asia Cup basketball tournament. India.
🔺 This tournament will be the qualifying tournament for FIBA Asia at the 2018 FIBA World Championship for Women in Spain.
▶️ Honours & Award
- The states emerged Winners of Excellence under the state category Rajasthan and Telangana.
🔺 eGov awards instituted by the Computer Society of India’s (CSI) Special Interest Group with sponsorship from Nihilent Technologies.
🔺 The award help to recognize the efforts of e Governance practitioner from across central and state departments, projects and in district administrative units.
- An IT risk assessment and digital security services provider startup company Lucideus has bagged the government’s ‘Best IT Startup of India. Lucideus.
🔺 Lucideus is behind the security for BHIM app.
🔺 Lucideus has been co-founded by its CEO Saket Modi and was incubated out of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay.
- The first Indian Versatile female singer to collaborate with United Nations for women empowerment. Neeti Mohan.