Source: The Indian Express
- Modi said under the Pradhan Mantri Awash Yojana 4 per cent interest waiver on housing loan up to 9 lakh rupees and 3 per cent on loan up to 12 lakh rupees will be provided in the urban areas.
- He announced three percent interest subvention on loan up to 2 lakh rupees for the construction of houses in rural areas.
- In a bonanza to farmers post demonetization, the Prime Minister said that the Centre will pay interest for 60 days on loan taken by them for Rabi season from district cooperative banks and primary societies.
- He also announced that the 3 crore ‘Kisan Credit Cards’ would be converted to RuPay Card within three months to help farmers purchase various inputs anywhere.
- NABARD will be given an additional 20,000 crore rupees to finance district cooperative banks and societies.
- In his nearly 45 minutes address, Modi said all pregnant women will get an assistance of 6000 rupees to meet medical expenses.
- Senior citizens will get 8 per cent interest on deposits of up to 7.5 lakh rupees for 10 years. Prime Minister said banks have also been asked to raise cash credit limit to small business to 25 percent from 20 percent.
- Modi said after the demonetization 125 crore people have proved that for them the truth and honesty are important despite inconveniences.