Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday launched Nasscom’s platform—Future Skills—for skill development in eight varied technologies.
• Modi launched the platform via video conference during the inaugural session of the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT)-2018. Nasscom also inked an agreement with the ministry of electronics and IT for strengthening re-skilling initiatives
• The plaform aim to skill and up-skill about two million technology professionals and skill another two million potential employees and students over the next few years
• The platform offers skilling and up-skilling in Artificial Intelligence (AI), virtual reality, robotic process automation, Internet of Things, big data analytics, 3D printing, cloud computing and social and mobile.
• Union IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said digital empowerment can only happen if there is digital inclusion.
• The advent of new technologies like AI, Blockchain and IoT, re-skilling of young professionals is critical. The platform for re-skilling and up-skilling of workforce in new and emerging ICT technologies is a complement to Centre’s ‘Digital India’ initiative.
• To a query that the government has appointed a committee under the chairmanship of former Supreme Court justice B. N. Srikrishna to study various issues relating to data protection in the country and make specific suggestions to the proposed Data Protection Bill. The committee is yet to submit its recommendation.
Current Affairs Only (CAO) @ currentaffairsonly.com is an educational website providing valuable, convenient, relevant and enjoyable online education relating to Current Affairs to students, aspirants and general public through a diversity of services. Our daily updates covers the current affairs and conventional subjects..