President Kovind launches Mata Amritanandamayi Math’s ₹100 crore clean water initiative
President Ram Nath Kovind has launched Mata Amritanandamayi Math’s ₹100 crore clean water initiative for rural India at the math headquarters in the coastal hamlet of Vallikkavu near here.
- Prez Kovind inauguarated the “Jivamritam” filtration system envisaged to provide clean drinking water to 10 million villagers across the nation.
- The programme was organised as part of the 64th birthday celebrations of spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, popularly known as ‘Amma’ among her devotees.
- Referring to spiritual leaders and social reformers of Kerala like Adi Sankaracharya, Sree Narayana Guru and Ayyankali, the President said the state was one of the leading spiritual homes in our country.
- The greatest service was to help the poor and downtrodden and enable them achieve their true potential, he said.
- This included capacity building in the areas of health and education and ensuring that they get equal opportunities, Kovind said.