Press Information Bureau (PIB) Special COMPILATION for IAS UPSC Exam
Find the PIB Monthly magazines, PIB weekly compilations (Notes), releases below. These compilations would help in preparing for UPSC- IAS Exam
- The Press Information Bureau (PIB) is the nodal agency of the Government of India to disseminate information to the print and electronic media on Government policies, programmes, initiatives and achievements.
- It functions as an interface between the Government and the media and also serves to provide feedback to the Government.
- PIB disseminates information through different modes of communication viz. press releases, press notes, feature articles, backgrounders, photographs, database available.
Importance of PIB
- PIB releases Programmes and Policy initiatives/updates of Government on daily basis- If you miss in newspapers.
- Features: Selective articles on important personalities and their contribution. Also, you will find important historical accounts.
- Since PIB is released by the government, adds authenticity to the facts and figures.
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4