Railway Ministry, Italy’s FS group sign MOU for technical cooperation
- The railway ministry and Italy’s Ferrovie Dello Stato Italiane Group (FS group) have signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for technical cooperation in rail sector especially in the area of safety and modernisation.
- The FS group that manages majority of rail operations in Italy.
- The cooperation areas identified in the MoU includes safety audit of Indian Railways and measures required for enhancing safety in train operation, assessment and certification of advanced technology based safety products and systems to Safety Integrity Level, training and competency development with focus of safety and modern trends in maintenance and diagnostic etc.
About FS Group:
- Ferrovie Dello Stato Italiane Group (FS Group) is a fully owned company of the Italian Government working in the railway sector and is under Ministry of Treasure, Italy.
- The Group, with its technical and managerial railway expertise, widely recognized at international level, is one of the most advanced worldwide players in fields such as design and realization of high speed and conventional lines, safety systems, certification, training and operation and maintenance.
- It operates more than 7,000 trains per day, carrying over 600 million/year of passengers and 50 million tons of freight on a railway network of more than 16,700 km.