Result published, of Modi’s visit to Germany
Tour Information in Brief.
- Our Prime Minister embarked on four Nation (Germany, Spain, Russia and France) tour in which Germany was the first stop.
- Focus of this trip is aimed at boosting India’s economic and defence engagement and attracting more investment from some of the biggest economies in Europe.
- Modi’s second stop in Europe will be Spain. This will be the first standalone visit to Spain by an Indian prime minister since then prime minister Rajiv Gandhi visited in 1988.
- Modi’s stop in Russia is aimed at bringing back on track a relationship that has been in the doldrums for a while.
- The fourth and last stop of Modi’s during the four nation tour will be France Discussions are expected to revolve around ways to further strengthen India-France strategic ties.
India signs 12 formal agreements with Germany.
Person of Interest
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
India and Germany signed twelve memorandum of understanding (MoU).
The agreements inked included nine joint declarations of intent (JDIs) and three MoU.
The agreement are as follows.
- Agreement on collaboration between the Ministry of Skill Development and Germany’s BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research)
- JDI between Ministry of Science and Technology and the BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) for the establishment of an Indo-German Centre for Sustainability;
- JDI between the Ministry of External Affairs and the German Foreign Office on cooperation on cyber policy;
- JDI between the Ministry of Finance and BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) on Indo-German Development Cooperation.
- JDI between the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and BMWi (Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy).
- JDI between the Department of Heavy Industries and BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) on cooperation in vocational education and skill development for machine tools
- Agreement between Ministry of Health and BMG (Federal Ministry of Health) on cooperation in the health sector
- Agreement between the AYUSH and BMG (Federal Ministry of Health) over cooperation in alternative medicine
- JDI between the Ministry of External Affairs and the German Foreign Office on collaboration between Foreign Service Institutes of both the country
- JDI between the Ministry of Railways and German Ministry of Transport on cooperation in railway safety.
- JDI between the Ministry of Urban Development and German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development on cooperation for sustainable urban development
- JDI on the continuation of cooperation in the field of advanced training of corporate and junior executives from India between the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and BMWi (Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy).
- India and Germany were “made for each other”
- India thanked Germany for supporting to get membership in NSG.
- Both the countries also discussed the matter of terrorism and how to tackle it.
- 1 billion euros will be used from Germany into development cooperation between the countries.
- The G4 nations comprising Brazil, Germany, India, and Japan are supporting each other’s candidature for a permanent seat in a reformed UN Security Council.