Adding another feather in her cap, star shuttler Saina Nehwal, who was appointed a member of the International Olympic Committee’s Athletes’ Commission (AC) last year, would be representing the panel in the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
- She would join the BWF Athletes’ Commission as a representative of the IOC AC, IOC said in a communication to Nehwal.
Nehwal has received an official communication in this regard.
- The Chair of BWF AC has informed others on the panel about Saina’s joining the BWF AC as a representative of the IOC AC.
- In a rare honour for an Indian sportsperson, Saina was appointed as a member of the IOC Athletes’ Commission soon after the Rio Olympics last year.
- Saina, who has since recovered from a career threatening knee injury suffered during Rio Olympics, won the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament last month.
- Currently, ranked world number 10 in BWF rankings, Saina is now aiming to win the prestigious All England Championship next month.