Source: News on Air
- The Supreme Court rejected a plea urging it to pass judgement on Jallikattu before the harvest festival of Pongal on Saturday.
2. A bench comprising justices Dipak Misra and R Banumathi told that it is unfair to ask the bench to pass an order. ,
3. The apex court, however, said that the draft of judgement has been prepared but it was not possible to deliver it before Saturday.
4. The apex court court had earlier questioned the Centre for its January 2016 notification allowing use of bulls in events like Jallikattu, saying that its 2014 verdict banning the use of the animals cannot be negated.
5. It had also dismissed the review petition against its 2014 verdict.