- Textiles Minister Smriti Irani today inaugurated the 58th India International Garment Fair – IIGF at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- On the occasion Mrs. Irani said the three-day fair provides a platform to overseas garment buyers to source products and forge business relationships with Indian players in the apparel and fashion accessories domain.
- She said the fair will gave great benefit to the Indian emerging export players. More than 130 participants from 14 states are participating in the fair and nearly one thousand byers are coming on first day.
- AEPC Chairman Ashok G Rajani said the objective of IIGF is to showcase the latest trends in garment and fashion accessories, and to leverage brand India across the globe.
- Our correspondent reports the fair caters primarily to Autumn-Winter styles and the sellers are showcasing womens wear, accessories, kidswear and menswear.
Source : news on air