The HINDU Notes – 01 January
📰 THE HINDU – CURRENT NOTE 01 January
🔘 Modi thanks people for enduring note ban pain (G.S -02)
- The government move on the demonetization has greatly cooperated by people.
- On the eve of the new year modi has announced something that has no interest of general public interest.
- For this kind of big act peoples cooperation is needed and this proved country’s success in development with democracy.
🔘 Anil Baijal takes charge as Delhi’s new Lieutenant-Governor (G.S -02)
- LG is special status post in regard of Delhi-NCR.
- LG nominated by the president and have special and more power than governor of the state.
- This power given under article 239 AA that give more discretion power.
- This more discretionary power led to continuous conflict between CM and LG.
🔘 Desperate Maaravalli sinks with its borewells (G.S -03)
- Maravalli in south Karnataka is region of the rain shadow area having area nut as main crop
- Two consecutive drought led to water scarcity in region > crop failure > no income + nonpayment of formal loan + fear from informal loaner > suicide belt creation.
- More borwell have economic as well as environment problem
🔘 Agni-IV to be test-fired tomorrow (G.S -03)
- Developed by the DRDO.
- To be launched from Abdul kalam island [earlier wheeler island in oddisa ]
- Has capacity of 4000 KM.
- Two stage surface to surface missile.
🔘 IT challenges in India (G.S -03)
- India having biggest service provider in IT though lack in use of IT in its own governance system
- Major challenges are as follow:
- majority are private player.
- lack of digital literacy.
- people negative attitude toward governance.
- IT mainly developed in private sector.
- Lack of cyber expert and threat of cyber attack.
- Affordable IT services needed.