The HINDU Notes – 15th April
📰 THE HINDU – CURRENT NOTE 15 April
- On the occasion of the 126th birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedka, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the BHIM-Aadhaar in Nagpur
- BHIM(Bharat Interface for Money)-Aadhar would be an “economic giant” like the Constitution, through which Dr. Ambedkar empowered the common man.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched two new offers to reward BHIM users. These two schemes are: a. BHIM Referral Bonus Scheme (For Individuals)
- The Referral Bonus scheme will incentivize existing BHIM users for bringing new users on the BHIM platform and encouraging the new users to do transactions with others using BHIM or by referring new users on BHIM. Hence, the bonus will be paid to both the referrer and the new user of BHIM (referee).
- The referral will be considered successful only after 3 unique successful financial transactions have been completed by the new user.
- On completion of minimum 3 unique successful transactions totaling only Rs 50 to any 3 unique users (either to customers or to merchants), the referrer and the referee will be notified about the bonus amount via notification in BHIM app. The referrer will get Rs 10 per successful referral, while the new users will get Rs 25 for downloading and transacting from BHIM App.
b. BHIM Merchant Cashback Scheme
- The scheme incentivizes not just one-time adoption of BHIM by merchants, but will also encourage transactions via BHIM mode (either QR code or VPA or Mobile number or ‘Pay to Aadhaar’).
- The cashback to the merchant can be up to Rs 300 per month, with each merchant eligible to win up to Rs 1800 in 6 months.