TN government today laid the foundation stone for an aerospace park
Tamil Nadu government today laid the foundation stone for an aerospace park in neighbouring Kancheepuram district.
- It will draw Rs 1,000 crore as investment in five years and create over 30,000 jobs.
- Aerospace & Industrial Park provides ‘ready-to-use’ industrial infrastructure allowing companies to focus on their core business.
- The Park offers the flexibility of choosing land within Special Economic Zone (SEZ) for businesses looking to serve foreign markets, and land in Domestic Tariff Area(DTA) for businesses looking to serve Indian market.By virtue of the park being housed within RGIA, the Aerospace & Industrial Park enjoys greater security. Supply of utilities like power and water are highly reliable. The park also enjoys the complete airport ecosystem like availability of hotel, reliable and affordable transport, emergency services, security, etc.
- The aerospace park would have engineering and allied industries for manufacture of aerospace components.
- The facility would come up over 245 acres of land at an estimated cost of Rs 198 crore and was being implemented by State Industries Promotion Corporation Ltd (SIPCOT) and Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Ltd (TIDCO)
- About 50 companies are expected to set up their units here even as efforts are on to attract global aviation firms to Tamil Nadu,
- About 25,000 persons would benefit from indirect job opportunities