Union Cabinet apprised of India-Vietnam space agreement
- The Union Cabinet has been apprised of the Framework Agreement between India and Vietnam on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
- The Framework Agreement was signed in September 2016.
- It will enable pursuing the potential interest areas of cooperation such as space science, technology and applications between both countries.
- The agreement covers cooperation in remote sensing of the earth, satellite communication and satellite-based navigation; space science and planetary exploration.
- It also covers use of spacecraft and space systems and ground system and application of space technology. It will also lead to development of joint activity in field of application of space technologies for benefit of humanity.
- It will also provide impetus to explore newer research activities and application possibilities in field of remote sensing of earth; satellite navigation; satellite communication; space science and exploration of outer space.